- Wednesday 28th July 2021
- Posted by : Admin
How do I reset my Xfinity router password? ( if I forgot it)
How do I reset my Xfinity router password if I forgot it?
In this scenario, it is easy to forget any password or account, as there are several accounts a person is using, which is hard to remember all of them. Sometimes users will forget their Xfinity router password and want support to reset their password.
How to reset the Xfinity router password?
When customers are stuck in resetting the password then they have to follow the below steps:
Reset password with reset tool:
- Go to the official website of Xfinity.
- Enter your Xfinity id and tap on continue. Make sure that you enter the correct username.
- Click on forgot password.
- You have to complete the security check and type the given letters on the screen.
- Click continue to move further.
- From the different options, tap on one of the ways you want to recover your password, like email me, text me, call me, answer the secret question.
- You will send a reset link to your inbox of the email. If you are resetting by email. Click on that link.
- You will send a code on your text message if you are resetting by phone. Enter that code in the option given on the screen.
- You will receive an automated call that speaks a code loudly and you have to enter it on the screen if you are resetting through call.
- You have to answer the secret questions if resetting through the secret question.
- Click continue
- Create the new strong password and confirm.
- A password confirmation message will be sent to you.
Reset the Xfinity password using the My Account app
- Open the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile phone.
- Go to the account information option which shows your name and Xfinity id.
- Click on the change password and
- Enter the new password and confirm.
- Tap to save the information
- Your screen will be load again and you have to log in again with the new password.
While entering new passwords things which users have to keep in mind:
- Password must be a minimum of 8 words and a maximum of 128 words.
- it has at least one number or letter be a special character.
- Password must not have your name or something related to Xfinity ID.
- Password must not have spaces in between any word.
If the user still found any difficulty in reset the Xfinity router password then they can contact the Xfinity customer care over call, chat or email. The contact option is available on the official page of Xfinity. Users can directly call customer care or can chat with the agents. If users found difficult to call and chat then they can email their detailed issues to Xfinity.