- Saturday 30th September 2023
- Posted by : Admin
Why Is My PC Not Detecting My Hard Drive and How to Fix It?
When your PC fails to detect your hard drive, it could be due to various reasons. It might be caused by physical damage to the hard drive, loose connections, outdated drivers, or even some corrupted files. Sometimes, the hard drive might be disabled in the BIOS system, or the drive letter might be missing in the Disk Management. Regardless of the cause, this issue can be a frustrating experience for any user. However, with the help of the practical tips mentioned in this article, you can quickly troubleshoot and fix this problem.
How do I fix my computer not detecting my hard drive?
Not detecting hard drives can range from minor to severe issues. This can be resolved using several practical methods. Get a look at the measures:
- Booting up your device: Sometimes, a small restart can solve major technical issues in the computer. You can reboot your device and check for your hard drive visibility.
- Look for loose wires: You can check for a loose connection in your SATA cable connected to your motherboard.
- Drivers Update: This problem can occur due to the outdated version of hard drive drives. Try to install or update new drivers.
How do I force my computer to recognize an external hard drive?
Troubleshoot Devices and Hardware: Troubleshoot can make your PC recognize your hard drive.
- Open Windows settings and choose Update & Security.
- Go to Troubleshoot >> Additional troubleshooters >> Hardware and Devices >> Run the troubleshooter.
If that does not work, then
- Type in msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic after hitting Win+R.
- Hit "Next" to start the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- And choose to apply this fix.
How do I recover an external hard drive that is not detected?
Hard Drive detection problems arise sometimes, but that is not inevitable for a typical user. These quick tips can save your hard drive. Recover your external hard drive.
- A Restart to your PC.
- Removing malware or corrupted files.
- Fixing Driver or Disk management issues.
Why is my HDD detected in BIOS, not in Windows?
This can occur due to many reasons. If you are using Windows OS and your Hard Disk Drive is not showing, you can check it for these reasons.
- Corrupted hard drives and Driver issues can create visibility issues.
- Damaged MBR can be your reason. Try to fix it by going into Disk management.
Why does Windows 10 not recognize hard drives?
Missing Drive Letter can be one reason the computer does not detect the hard drive. These steps would help you in this matter.
- Open "Disk Management," right-click on the disk partition having no drive letter.
- Pick "Change Drive Letter and Paths" from the context menu.
- Hit on the "Add" button in the prompt window.
- Give a drive letter to the selected partition and click "OK."
How do you detect hard drives in BIOS?
Another common reason for not detecting your HDD might be because it is disabled in your BIOS system. Follow this procedure:
- Boot up your PC.
- Press F2 to run BIOS.
- Arrow keys will help to navigate.
- Select "Integrated Peripherals," press "Enter."
- Select "USB Controller." If you find it "Disabled," make it "Enabled."
- Save your settings and restart. Check if the issue is fixed.
How to Fix Computer Not Working Properly Issue