- Monday 13th June 2022
- Posted by : Admin
How to Change or Reset Xbox Password? [Step-by-Step Guide]
Xbox is undoubtedly one of the best sources of entertainment. However, if you don’t have access to your account or it is not secured, you might lose all the hard work you did as a gamer. In that case, ensuring to change the password regularly becomes essential.
Procedure to change the password of your Xbox:
- Open the main menu of the Gaming console.
- Now you open the Microsoft browser.
- Open the link login.live.com.
- You need to write the password and the email address.
- Select the option of login.
- Once you have opened your account, you must tap on the profile picture.
- Now select the option of “Edit Profile.”
- Tap on the “Edit Profile” button given on the next page.
- Once you have done that, you’ll come across the option of “Change Password.”
- Now select the option of “Change.”
- Now you need to write your new password. Once you mention it, you need to re-enter and confirm the new password.
- That is it. Select the option of “Save.” Soon, you’ll receive a confirmation email about your changes.
How to Change Xbox Password if you Forgot it?
To change your lost password, select the option “Forgot Password.” Then you’ll be able to change your password. You only need to ensure that you follow the step-by-step guide below.
- You need to follow the link, login.live.com.
- Enter the password and then choose the button “Next.”
- Select the option of “Forgot Password.”
- You’re going to have a couple of options for verification.
You need to choose the button of either text or email to receive the verification code. With the help of the verification code, you’ll be able to reset the password without any issue.
- Once you have selected the option of text, then you’ll receive a code on your registered mobile number.
- You only need to ensure that you have entered the code on the verification page.
- You’ll come across a password reset page.
- You must write the new password and then write it again to confirm it.
- That is it. Select the option of saving.
- Then your new password will be working from the immediate effect.
- That is it. You have changed the password of your Xbox.
How to Create a Passkey on your Xbox?
In case you want to create a passkey to protect your account. Then you can easily do that. You only need to ensure that you have followed the easy steps below.
- It would help if you pressed the Xbox button on your gaming console, which is rectangular.
- Once you have tapped on the button mentioned above, choose the option of “Profile and system.”
- In the following menu, select “Account.”
- Choose the option of sign-in, security, and passkey.
- Now choose the option of “Create my passkey.”
- You need to enter six digits.
- Re-enter the key for confirmation.
- That is it. You have created a passkey for the security of your account.
How to Reset Your Xbox Password Using Smartphone or PC?
To reset your account, you need to follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Xbox account.
- Select the option of account.
- Tap on “Account security.”
- Choose “Change Password.”
- Now you can reset your password and save it.
So, if you had a doubt, “How to Change Xbox Password?” Then you only need to go through the information above. Now you’re ready to keep your account and your gaming achievements safe.
Xbox Customer Support
How to Delete Microsoft Account Permanently