- Wednesday 10th August 2022
- Posted by : Admin
How can I stop McAfee from using my credit card?
Anyone who purchases a McAfee subscription and gets the corresponding software installed always has the McAfee subscription auto-renewal service active by default. Thus, the auto-renewal service uses the saved credit card details whenever the subscription expires to purchase a new subscription automatically. To avoid such charges, one can deactivate the McAfee auto-renewal service.
How to deactivate McAfee auto-renewal?
- Visit the homepage of McAfee and sign in using the sign-in credentials at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the Auto-renewal tile and choose "Update Settings."
- Select the "End my membership" option for each of the Norton product subscriptions as desired.
- A "Before you go" tab will appear on the screen, and choose the "End my membership" to turn off the auto-renewal.
Why is McAfee charging my credit card?
One can have multiple McAfee subscriptions, and each of these may have an active auto-renewal option that would charge the individual whenever any of these subscriptions ends. This results in the credit card being charged from McAfee and can cause considerable confusion to those unaware of the McAfee auto-renewal plan.
How do I remove my credit card details from McAfee?
Canceling a subscription or turning off the McAfee auto-renewal won't delete the credit card details under the McAfee account. McAfee keeps the credit card details saved if one desires to reactivate or buy a new subscription. However, if one desires to cancel the subscription, they must call McAfee customer service and ask a live agent to delete the credit card details from the user account.
How do I cancel my McAfee account?
- A person can cancel their McAfee account subscription through the company's official website.
- Once on the official McAfee website, log in with the McAfee account details.
- Under the profile name, select the "Active Subscriptions" option and look for the specific subscription that's required to be canceled.
- Choose "Cancel" next to the subscription and confirm the cancelation. A refund request will also be initiated automatically, and an email will affirm the process's success.
How do I remove my email from McAfee?
- To remove the email from one's McAfee account, one can sign into their McAfee account and go under their profile.
- Next, select the "Remove email" under the settings menu to delete a saved email address under the McAfee account.
- If someone also desires to unsubscribe from the McAfee newsletter, they can visit the McAfee newsletter webpage and enter the email address in the Unsubscribe tab.
- Next, select the "Unsubscribe" button to unsubscribe from the Newsletter service.
Thus, one will have to turn off the auto-renewal service and call McAfee customer service if they ask, "How do I stop McAfee from charging my credit card?" This is because the credit card details will be saved in one's account even after the autorenewal is deactivated.
How do I speak to someone at McAfee