- Wednesday 1st September 2021
- Posted by : Admin
How do I fix Norton is not working on my Mac? (Complete Guide)
Why is Norton not working on my Mac, and how to fix it?
Norton is a popular security suite offered by Symantec and is very well known to provide a 360 solution to your pc. You could face some issues with the Norton software on your Mac. There could be various reasons for that, like having an issue with your VPN, etc. Don't worry if you have a problem with your Norton; we got you covered. By following the underwritten methods and trying them, you can get your problem with Norton fixed.
Fix Norton Antivirus not working issue:
Try restarting your Mac as a hard reboot, or start will end your problem with the Norton. Exit and close all the applications on your Mac and restart your pc. Then restart your Mac and see if the problem is still there or not.
If Still, Norton antivirus is not working on Mac, we suggest you uninstall your Norton software. Before uninstalling the Norton, make sure it is closed and not in an open phase.
Steps to uninstall Norton on your Mac:
- To uninstall Norton from your Mac, go to find an icon on your dock. Then click applications in the left panel.
- Find the Norton product icon on the screen and drive or drag it to trash.
- Click then continues to allow your Mac to uninstall the Norton.
- Now, a new window will pop up with a window in which you have to choose your administrative account, type in your password, and uninstall the program setup.
- Now restart your Mac and refresh it. Now Norton has been uninstalled from your Mac.
Now you will need to install and run Remove Norton Mac files as administrator:
- You will first need to download the RemoveNortonMacFile.zip file.
- On your dock, click downloads under the finder window in the left panel under favorites.
- Then, open the Remove Norton Mac file and then open it.
- You now need to log in as administrator id and password to run this file.
- If you want to remove all Norton files, type 1 and do not want to remove type 2.
- Press return and the file will remove all the Norton files and products from your Mac.
- Once the remove Norton file finishes removing all the Norton products, you have to type Y in the window and press return to restart your Mac
- Also, a significant thing to note is that before restarting your Mac, make sure all your work in other applications is saved.
Now final step will be to download and reinstall your Norton product. To make it clear, follow the steps below:
- You first need to sign in to your Norton account.
- Type in your email account, password and proceed.
- In the Norton portal, click on download and proceed. Click on the agree tab and proceed with downloading.
- After finishing the download process, click on open and proceed with installing the Norton software.
- Click on the Norton terms and conditions of the software and proceed to download.
Depending upon your Mac version, you can choose the best version suited for you and proceed with the downloading option:
The three options you will get to choose from for your Mac is:-
- Install Norton for macOS 10.15x (Catalina) or later
- Install Norton for your macOS High Sierra 10.13x to macOS Mojave 10.14x.
- Install Norton product on your MacOS x 10.10x (Yosemite) to OS x 10.12x (Sierra)
So, using the information above, the issue you have that is Norton antivirus not responding on Mac will be solved quickly. If you have any further confusion or doubt, you can contact the Norton support team anytime as Norton provides 24/7 hours of assistance to its users.