- Monday 25th October 2021
- Posted by : Admin
How do I change my name on facebook profile
How do I change my name on my Facebook profile?
Facebook is one of the famous social platforms that connect millions of people at one stage. Once you make the Facebook profile, you need to enter a unique name of your profile that people will know to connect with you. Sometimes, you need to change the name of your Facebook profile to a different name. To change your name, you need to perform some basic steps or reach the customer support team and take their help. You need to know the name change policy to change your Facebook profile name, which is mentioned below.
Your Facebook profile name cannot include:
- Once you enter the name of your profile, your name must not include symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters and punctuation.
- The name doesn’t include characters from different languages.
- The name doesn’t include the titles of any professional, religious kind that describe any community.
- Your words or a phrase doesn’t include any name of the place.
The name of your Facebook profile shouldn’t contain any kind of offensive or suggestive words.
Some essential points to keep in mind while changing the name of Facebook profile:
- Your account name must appear in the form of an ID or document and should be easily spoken by your friends or family. For some cases, your profile name can be other than the name on your ID document for some profiles. You can check the list of the ID from the Facebook ID column.
- If your name contains a slight difference or is typically within certain limits, you can use the nickname for the first or middle name.
- Apart from the main profile name, you can add another name on your Facebook account like nickname, professional name, maiden name.
- Only one individual can use the Facebook profile; if you want to use the Facebook profile for many people, you can create a page for your business or organization.
- You are not allowed to use your Facebook name for any fraud for anyone or cannot pretend to be the person for fraud.
Steps to change the name on Facebook:
After understanding the terms and conditions to change the Facebook profile name, you can follow the below steps and change your name on Facebook:
- At first, you need to click on the home page of your Facebook profile available at the right top of the page.
- You need to open the settings and privacy options at the bottom of the screen and go to the settings menu.
- After that, you need to go to the personal and account information option and click on the name.
- Now enter your new name and click on the review change.
- Once you review the change, you need to enter the password and click on the save changes option.
With the above steps, you can change your name on Facebook; if you have any trouble, you can contact the Facebook support team and ask them how to change name in Facebook, and they will provide you with the appropriate steps.