- Saturday 26th September 2020
- Posted by : Admin
[Fixed] How to fix Netgear not turning on? Router Not working
Netgear Router not Turning on / Working: Know How to troubleshoot it-
There could be several reasons behind the router that might not be turning on if it is not properly connected to the power source, when the router has a weak signal, incorrect configuration of Input and out cables, and Invalid IP address it could be anything. But we have shown below all the possible solutions to fix this issue of Netgear router not working.
Learn the simple solution to fix the "Netgear Not working" issue:
Some basic Troubleshooting
- To fix this issue of “ Netgear not working” try to restart your Internet modem and router by unplugging the power cable for at least 10 seconds. Now plug it back again and restart the system.
- You are advised to wait for at least 1 minute, As a result, the internet LED would start blink which shows that the modem is working fine.
- After completing the above step, test the internet service provider connection.
Test your Internet
- To get started, connect your system to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Turn off the wireless router, and restart the system and modem after connecting cable.
After the above, now once your system gets restart,
- check the internet by the open browser to measure the status of the modem, router, or system.
- If you get failed in testing, it is better to connect with the representative of the Internet service providers to fix this issue of the internet.
Reset your Netgear Router
Even after performing all the above-mentioned approaches, if the problem still persists then it’s time to reset your Netgear router.
- First, you need to connect your system to Netgear wireless router.
- Try the default web address and login to the Netgear router console.
- Give the details of username and password.
- Once you logged in into the account, now move to the backup settings.
- See the option to restore default settings.
- Now you click on Erase and you will see that your Netgear reset all settings to factory default.
- Following the above, you may be asked to reboot.
- In last, restart your router and modem and set it up again.
Hard reset of Netgear router
If the above method does not work at all, then sit and relax you have another way ready to help you resolve this issue.
- In the beginning, press the reset key at the back of the router.
- You can use a paperclip, pen to press the reset key at the back of the Netgear router.
- Keep holding the reset key for at least 10-20 seconds until all the lights of the router start blinking together.
- Restart router.
- Set up again.
Update your Netgear Router firmware
Once you update the router's firmware, you can rid the device of any technical glitches that it may have. The fixing of this type of glitch could improve the power connection. You just need to log in your wireless router set up and check for the updates.
Besides, above all the information on Netgear not turning on Process, if you require further assistance and looking for the solution, you can call directly on their helpline number to get immediate feedback or assistance.