- Thursday 3rd December 2020
- Posted by : Admin
How to troubleshoot | fix Quickbooks Error H505?
Simple troubleshooting steps to fix the error H505 in QuickBooks:
One of the most popular accounting software, QuickBooks comes with many perks, and for this reason, small and medium business is dependent on it. This helps in managing the payroll, finances to invoices, and much more. Overall, this has so much that the uses can take full advantage of this app and can also ensure the smooth transition of a business.
Troubleshooting steps to fix the error in QuickBooks:
Even though there are many benefits of QuickBooks, still the users can face many errors in this, and one such error is H505. At the time when you try to access a company file, then our system is devoid of certain installation and this is the QuickBooks error H505. Let us have a look at the troubleshooting steps the users can take to fix the bug.
Analyze the hosting settings of QuickBooks:
- Open the software of QuickBooks on both the computers that will be configured as multi-user.
- Then, you have to click on the file, and on utilities that will be followed by stop hosting Multi-user configuration.
- Now, on your computer, the next step you have to take is to turn on the hosting file by going on the utilities.
- The last step is to restart the QuickBooks again.
Configure the Firewall settings:
- The first step of doing this is to go to the start button on the screen and tap it.
- Now, type the control panel in your search box and open it.
- Look for your Firewall settings, and then allow a program through the Firewall.
- You have to now choose the Add program and put it into the list of exceptions.
- In the last step, you have to restart your machine so that the changes made by you get applied.
Turn on Network discovery:
- The first step of doing is to open the control panel and click on System and security.
- Then, press on the windows firewall.
- You have to press on the Modification option and choose the option of Network Discovery. Then, press ok.
So by using the above steps, you can easily fix this Quickbooks error H505 and for more assistance, you can also contact to support team.