- Wednesday 10th March 2021
- Posted by : Admin
How to access Yahoo Mail from Gmail? Add Yahoo to Gmail
How do I access my Yahoo account from the Gmail one?
Yahoo is a very popular email service being widely used around the world having millions of users. The email client is quite reliable, fast, and secure in the communication between users. One can use yahoo mail from the desktop browser, but to use in other platforms one can rely on the Gmail app or the Gmail desktop site as it is having rich features integrated to make all the tasks easier. This article will give you all the relevant information about how to add Yahoo mail to Gmail. You can use Gmail's feature-rich application to access yahoo mails when using mail forwarding. Yahoo offers a mail forwarding feature if the user is operating an upgraded account. With yahoo plus the upgraded account version of yahoo, one can forward the emails to other email accounts to access it from their application. There is another way provided by Gmail too by which you can use this feature free of cost, which is by using, import feature of Gmail.
To enable the import feature of Gmail you have to follow the following steps-
- You should have a Gmail account in order to use this feature, so the first signup for a new account or login if you already have one using your browser in your system.
- You may be able to see the gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen, click on it, you'll find the Settings option there.
- You can see the tabs on the top of the screen on this page. Go to the Accounts and Import tab by clicking on it.
- You can see the "Import mail and contacts" heading on the left side of the page. Click on it to import from yahoo mail.
- A pop up tab will open with the fields asking for your email account to import your mail from. Since we are doing it for yahoo, enter your yahoo mail here and click continue. In the case of any other account, you can follow the same steps.
- It will prompt you to enter the password. Enter your password and click continue. Google will verify your Yahoo account.
- Click on the checkbox next to "Import Mail" which will tell google to import mails from the account and click the "Start Import" button.
- The emails from yahoo mails will now be sent to the Gmail account.
- The emails will be sent from yahoo to Gmail in the background and you will be notified about it once done. This process can take up a lot of time. Usually a day or two.
- Click on "OK" when all the process is done.