- Thursday 3rd December 2020
- Posted by : Admin
Troubleshooting Norton is not opening/responding/working: Tips
What steps can be taken if Norton is not opening?
Today, virus protection is the concern of many as cyber-crimes are increasing day by day. In such a situation, then one thing that can prevent you and your data is the antivirus. Today, navigation has become quite risky as with one wrong click, your computer can be infected with a virus, or your data can be stolen by the hackers.
So, you might be understanding the importance of antivirus that should be downloaded in your system. What can you do if you have already downloaded the antivirus but it is not opening? Well, if your Norton is not opening, then you can try the troubleshooting steps that we are mentioning below.
Troubleshooting steps for your Norton is not working/responding/opening:
Updating the Norton:
The software updates are routinely released by the company for the proper functioning of the software. You should also try these steps to update the software:
- Open the security settings in your Norton software and connect to the internet.
- Now, click on “Live updates” and wait for the antivirus to finish the updates. You have to now restart the computer.
Reinstall Norton antivirus:
This is often considered as the best solution to fix the error. You can go for uninstalling the software and then re-installing to resolve the error. For this, you have to go for taking the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the Norton Remove and then reinstall the tool.
- Then, you have to double click on the NRnR icon if you want to run the tool.
- Now, choose the option of “Remove and reinstall’ and then proceed.
- Click on the option of “Remove” and click on OK to confirm.
- Once your program has been uninstalled, you can restart your computer and then install the Norton again by using the official installation instructions.
These are the steps that can be taken to overcome the issue. If you are still facing the trouble, then do not hesitate to call on the helpline number, and the executives will help you out for Norton is not opening the issue. The executives will help you out in the best possible manner and will satisfy you.
Learn the procedure to fix Norton not opening in windows 10.
This problem becomes a major issue for the users nowadays if you are not aware of the exact process to fix the issue of Norton not opening windows 10, so read each of these steps carefully to get back to the account.
Follow the steps to fix Norton not opening in windows 10.
- At the beginning of the process, sign in to Norton.
- In the next move, sign in into Norton, you will see the sign-in process.
- Now give the details of the Email address and the password for Norton.
- Following above, sign in.
- In the next move, go to the Get started button.
- Tap on the Download Norton.
- If the user wants to look to install a new product that is not registered with the Norton account, you have to click on the new product key.
- Tap, Agree, and Download.
- If you are using internet explorer, you can click on run.
- In the next move, if the user account control window appears, tap on the continue.
- In the last, Norton is now installed and get activated.
Consider and adhere to the above-mentioned steps to Norton not opening windows 10, if required you can share the information to fix the issue. Apart from that users can mail their concern to the authentic department of Norton.
Follow the quick instructions to enable Norton on a Mac device
Do you wish to ensure the security of your Mac device and want to enable the Norton software? Then, you can check out the detailed procedure provided in this article and boost the security of the Mac and its services.
Quick steps to enable Norton on Mac
For the users who are encountering Norton not working on Mac, there are higher chances that the software is not enabled. So, to help out the users, here are the quick instructions that one can follow.
Note: To begin the process, the user is required to sign-in and install the Norton software on Mac.
- Once the installation process is complete, a prompt will appear on the screen.
- Here, the user is required to enter their administrator user account password and click on the Installer helper button.
- If the system extension block alert is displayed, then the user needs to click on OK.
- Open the installation Window and click on the Open Now button.
- Now, on the privacy page, click on the lock button present below and mention the administrator password.
- Further, click on the unlock button and allow the certain Symantec message.
- And now, click on the Restart button and continue.
- After the restart, the user needs to click on the open preferences option in the installation window.
- Further, again open the security and privacy page and click on the lock icon.
- Again mention the administration password and click on the unlock button.
- And then, open the preferences option and ensure the Norton System Extension is enabled and complete the installation.
Thus, in this manner, the user can enable Norton on Mac and resolve Norton not working on Mac issue. If required, the user can seek assistance from Norton's support.